|Sl.No||Name of the Staff||Designation|
|1.||Shri. C.A. TUPPAD||Sr. Gr. Lecturer / HOD|
|3.||Shri. VINAYAK S. NAIK||Sr.Gr.Lecturer|
|4.||Shri. MANJUNATH YADWAD||Sr.Gr.Lecturer|
Non Teaching Staff
|Sl.No||Name of the Staff||Designation|
|1.||Shri.NOORAHMED BASARKOD||Assistant Instructor|
|2.||Shri. BASHEERAHMED MULLA||Driver-Cum-Mechanic|
|4.||Shri. KRISHNA .G.||Driver-Cum-Mechanic|
To develop globally acceptable expert Automobile engineers to meet today’s demand and tomorrows challenges.
It is very true that today’s life without Automobile is highly unimaginable. Automobile Engineering is a field of broad prospects. Advances in Electronics have made the Automobiles a sophisticated multifunctional vehicle.
This department is led by a dynamic team with P G Qualification in Energy system engg, who impart state of art technological education relevant to the present industries. Amongst other facilities the department has a range of advanced service station equipments such as Computerized Engine analyzer, Wheel Balancing Machine, Computerized wheel aligner, Exhaust gas analyzer, Auto reconditioning equipments and various cut section models which helps in understanding the working of many complicated parts of automobile systems.
|FIRST YEAR : SUBJECTS|
|Semester – I||Semester – II|
|1.||Applied Science||1.||Applied Mathematics-II|
|2.||Applied Mathematics||2.||Basic E&E Engg.|
|3.||Automotive Engines||3.||English Communication|
|4.||Engineering Graphics||4.||Automotive Engine Aux. Systems|
Automobile Workshop Practice.
|5.||Comp. Aided Engg. Graphics|
|6.||Applied Science Lab||6.||Basic Comp. skill Lab|
|7.||Automotive Engine Aux. Systems Lab|
|SECOND YEAR : SUBJECTS|
|Semester – III||Semester – IV|
|1.||Engg. Mechanics & SOM||1.||Mechanics of Machines|
|2.||Thermal Engg.||2.||Hydraulic & Pneumaric Controls|
|3.||Manufacturing Technology||3.||Auto Elect. & Electronics Sysytems|
|4.||Chassis & Transmission Systems||4.||Fuels & Pollution Controls|
|5.||Repair & Maintenance Lab||5.||Machine Shop|
|6.||Workshop Practice||6.||Auto Elect. & Electronics System Lab|
|7.||CAD Practice||7.||Material Testing & Measurements Lab|
|THIRD YEAR : SUBJECTS|
|Semester – V||Semester – VI|
|1.||Basic Management Skill & Indian Constitution||1.||Automotive Mech.|
|2.||Machine Design||2.||Automotive Pollution & Control|
|3.||Modern Automotive Systems||4.||Body Eng. & Earth Movers|
|4.||Vehicle Management & Est.||5.||Engine Reconditioning Lab|
|5.||Modern Auto System Lab||6.||Engine Testing Lab|
|6.||Parametric Modeling||6.||Project Work, & Industrial Visit|
8. Project Work
3 YEARS DIPLOMA IN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING :
This course enables to develop students in core competency areas of,
- Servicing and maintenance of all types automobiles.
- Mechanisms and Automotive Designs.
- Advanced Automobile servicing Equipments.
- Modern vehicle Technology.
- Special vehicles & Earth moving equipments
- Motor vehicle management.
- Thermal engineering
- Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Power plants.
- Computer Science Applications, AUTO CAD etc.
This Programme also emphasizes on Communication & Analysis skill Development programme(CASP), Project Design and Fabrication.
The department also started commercial service station and Driving school to utilize lab infrastructure for additional revenue generation, which also helps our students to undergo in plant training and more practical exposure. The students are deputed to various reputed service stations like NWKSRTC, Manick bag Automobiles, Shodha Toyota motors, RNS Motors etc to undergo practical training.
The various Co-curricular activities like Personality development programmes, Industrial visits, Expert guest lectures etc have been conducted through Automobile students association of the dept.
The students are also encouraged to participate in Technical Paper presentation competitions, Do it yourself Project Exhibitions conducted at different polytechnics, to develop in each student: self-reliance, creativity and leadership qualities.
On completion of 3 – year Diploma in Automobile Engineering, the student has following opportunities;
- Self-Employment opportunities like setting up a Automobile Dealership/Service Stations, Automobile consultancy, Auto Ancillary Industries etc.
- Job opportunities in National & Multinational companies, Merchant Navy, Shipping Companies; Petrochemical industries.
- Employment opportunities in Government sectors like KSRTC, RTO, and Railway workshops, Armed forces etc.
- Can work as Vehicle surveyor cum loss accessor in various Insurance companies.
- Can continue higher like B.E by taking direct admission to 3rd semester either in Automobile/Mechanical/ Industrial Production disciplines.
- Can also continue higher education like BBA, AMIE etc.